Tuesday, June 26, 2018

June 26th, 2018 Voting today in Westminster, Md.

June 26th, 2018 Voting today in Westminster, Md.

By Kevin Dayhoff 

Update: June 26, 2018 Primary election results:

2:45 p.m. Tuesday 26Je2018 - I just got back from the Westminster Elementary School polling place. The turnout has been light – but that polling place is usually really busy in the evening when folks are coming home from work…. We were in and out quickly. Well, after saying hi to my neighbors and friends. There is a time-honored tradition that voting in Westminster is a community get together. 

I interacted with all the campaign workers – whether I support their particular candidate or not. I had no negative experiences. Which I guess is good. I always have my cell phone camera and reporter’s notebook at the ready – but everyone was friendly and polite – and I applaud all of them for participating. 

I am always impressed with the election judges. They were very friendly, professional, capable, and competent. It is a long day and I thank them for their service. (I was a chief judge for 10-years – a long time ago, in the 1990s.)

Voting gives me goosebumps. We cannot take our right to vote for granted. I served in the Marines and have had good friends die defending that right. And I worked in the civil rights movement in the early 1970s. We simply cannot take our right to vote for granted. 

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” ~ John Q. Adams.

If you are not standing up for something, sit down.



++++++++++++++++++++
Carroll County Times: www.tinyurl.com/KED-CCT
Baltimore Sun Carroll Eagle: http://tinyurl.com/KED-Sun
Westminster Fire Dept. and MTA Lodge #20 Chaplain and PIO
Kevin Dayhoff Art: http://www.kevindayhoff.com/
Tumblr: Kevin Dayhoff Banana Stems www.kevindayhoff.tumblr.com/
Kevin Dayhoff Time Flies: https://kevindayhoff.wordpress.com/

No comments: