Mower sparks fire that destroys house [multimedia] By Gina Gallucci-White News-Post Staff Originally published in the Frederick News-Post April 30, 2009
Combustible materials left too close to a warm yard tractor ignited and caused a fire that destroyed a house Wednesday afternoon, according to the Division of Fire and Rescue Services.
Deputy Fire Marshal Ed Ruck estimated damage to the house at 5702 Catoctin View Court and its contents at $400,000.
The house had to be evacuated twice because the fire compromised the structure and the floor was starting to collapse, Ruck said. Several tankers had to be called because there are no hydrants in the area.
Members of the American Red Cross were called to the scene to assist the residents, he said.
Read the entire article here Mower sparks fire that destroys house [multimedia] – and then join me in advocating that the Maryland General Assembly outlaw mowing the yard.
20090430 Reasons to not mow the yard Number One
Kevin Dayhoff Art: http://www.kevindayhoff.com/
Kevin Dayhoff Westminster: http://www.westgov.net/
Kevin Dayhoff: www.westgov.net Westminster Maryland Online www.westminstermarylandonline.net http://kevindayhoffwestgov-net.blogspot.com/