Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Last Sunday, July 2, 2017 at the 10:30 in the morning service at Grace Lutheran Church

Last Sunday, July 2, 2017 at the 10:30 in the morning service at  Grace Lutheran Church. Pastor Martha spoke to us about Matthew 10: 40-42 "Whoever welcomes you welsomes me … and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one …"


She asked the question, "What does it mean in our world today to offer a cup of cold water? How do we provide a compassionate welcome to others?"


She finished her sermon by saying, "I leave you today with a challenge for this week: Look and listen for concrete examples of people offering hospitality and a cup of water to others.


"And I urge you to offer God's grace when you see your neighbor in need…"


This is why I go to church, to learn insights that I can use in the following week. Just saying.

No comments: